Please note Trader FAQs will be updated further in the new year, once 2024 applications are open.

When is Bristol Harbour Fest?

19th - 21st July 2024 - Trading Times to follow.

Is there a closing date for applications to be submitted?

Applications are on a first come, first serve basis. We anticipate a high demand, so recommend getting your application in as early as possible!

What type of businesses are welcome?

All businesses are welcome to apply. When completing the application form, you will be asked to provide more information alongside images of your proposed stall and products.

Are stalls only available for local businesses?

Our application process is open to everyone. However, we would love to encourage and prioritise local applicants!

What are the pitch prices?

Pitch prices will be announced once 2024 applications are open in the new year.

Where/when can I collect my trader packs?

You can collect trader packs from your Zone Manager upon your arrival to the site.

Will I get trader wristbands and vehicle passes?

1 vehicle pass and 4 trader wristbands will be provided as standard. Additional wristbands can be purchased if required. If requested within the application form already filled out, they will be included within your trader pack upon arrival. Alternatively, more can be purchased upon your arrival to the site. Parking spaces are limited on site due to central location. Please park sensibly.

How big are the stands?

There are a variety of different stand and pitch sizes on offer. The smallest is 3M x 3M. All pitch sizes and prices will be detailed within the application form with further information.

Will I need to supply my own gazebo?

All stand space is open ground, so you need to bring your own structure and equipment.
However, 3M X 3M gazebos will be available to hire at an additional cost. Prices to be announced soon.

How will you allocate the space?

As a team, we will do our best to allocate applicants to the site space they request, though there is no guarantee. Pitches are subject to availability.

Will I receive a trader, exhibition, concessions handbook?

Yes. Trader packs will be provided with all information needed for the event. These will be issued once payment has been made and received.

Do I need my own insurance?

You must maintain Public Liability Insurance with a reputable insurer throughout the event with a minimum limit of £5,000,000. A copy of the certificate must be supplied on application.

What H&S paperwork do I need to provide?

All caterers must provide the following paperwork upon application:

  • Public liability insurance certificate
  • Site specific risk assessment that covers food safety, stand set up and fire
  • Food safety management plan
  • Food hygiene rating score
  • Proof of local authority registration
  • Food hygiene certificates for all staff handling food (at least Level 2)
  • PAT certificates for all electrical items (carried out within a year of the Festival)
  • Gas test certificates for all gas appliances (carried out within a year of the Festival)

Alcohol traders must provide:

  • Public liability insurance certificate
  • Site specific risk assessment that covers alcohol management, stand set up and fire
  • Licence holder details
  • Alcohol management plan
  • Proof of local authority registration
  • PAT certificates for all electrical items if requesting power (carried out within a year of the Festival)

Non-food traders/stands must provide:

  • Public liability insurance certificate
  • Site specific risk assessment that covers activity on your stand, set up and fire
  • PAT certificates for all electrical items if requesting power (carried out within a year of the Festival)

How do I make payment for my application?

If your application is successful, an invoice and payment will be processed to confirm the pitch.

Can I sell alcohol?

A separate bar concession contract is already in place, and so you are not permitted to sell alcohol for consumption on the site.  You can apply for a trade stand for sealed, off-sales.

Can I sell off-sale alcohol?

To sell off-sale alcohol, you require our prior written permission, you may also be required to apply for a Temporary Event Notice prior to the event. Further info to follow.

Am I responsible for my space?

You are responsible for keeping your space tidy and clear of rubbish. The space should be maintained and returned to us as you found it. Damages will be charged back to you, please ensure all caterers protect the ground with a groundsheet if using a gazebo.

What if I need power?

Power requirements can be requested for pitches within the application form.

Can I put music on my stand?

Amplified music and PA systems are not permitted without our prior written permission.

Can I use any packaging?

Bristol Harbour Fest is committed to achieving high environmental and sustainability standards. From October 2023 a range of polluting single-use plastics will be banned in England. We will be implementing this ban across our event site in advance of the national ban later in the year. You must agree to not using any such single-use plastics whilst trading at Bristol Harbour Fest.

Who will be my point of contact at Bristol Harbour Festival?

You will have a zone manager who will be on hand to assist you with load in, they will have your pass pack and deal with any issues that may arise across the weekend.

When will power be turned on for traders?

Power timings are to follow in the new year. Please note, the power team will be working their way round the site as quickly as possible, however, it is not guaranteed that you will have power fully fitted at any specific time.